Employment with R&R Handyman
We are currently seeking qualified Service Technicians.
- Professional appearance and a great attitude.
- You must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Drug-free (we test).
- Clean DMV record. If you are unsure what your record is, the DMV can provide you a printout.
- Speak & write fluent English.
- US Citizen or Valid Green Card. (We use federally required form I-9.)
- 10+ years experience in multiple trades.
- A complete set of tools. Except for ladders and a few specialty items, you must provide your own tools.
- Pass a pre-employment physical abilities test. This is a demanding job that requires mobility and lifting heavy items.
- Must have a safe parking space for company van at your home.
- Willingness to work occasional Saturdays and evenings.
- Technical experience should be doing paid work. Working for someone else, is very different from do-it-yourself projects.
- We favor service & repair experience, followed by remodelling experience, over new construction experience.
- Need significant experience 'on the tools': not just supervisory experience or estimating experience.
- Experience preparing estimates & quotes, closing sales on site, collecting payment, and general customer service.
- Outstanding people skills: good listening, patience, ability to read people, conflict resolution.
- Neat & clean personal appearance. Confident demeanor.
- Organizational skills: van, tools, worksite, paperwork, and your projects. Our customers expect efficiency- which requires organization.
- Problem solving under pressure.
- OK with working long hours, to take advantage of natural peaks of customer demand over time.
- Ability to work independently, and with minimal supervision: yet willing to learn and follow company procedures and practices.